Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about you:
- Personal Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website https://davidjacobsbusinessbroker.com (the “Website”) including, but not limited to:- name; email address and telephone number. This is information provided at the time of registering with the Website, or posting or downloading material. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Website.
- If you contact us, I may keep a record of that correspondence.
- I may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to Website [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your Personal Information to third parties unless we have your permission; are required to do so by law; and/or to operate our systems properly, administer the Website, or protect ourselves or other Website users.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to the Website.
Where we store your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Currently, Your Personal Information will be stored within the United States in the datacenters of the software applications we utilize. The vendors and locations used to store your data may change in the future.
Uses made of personal information
We use Personal Information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to the Website.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at on the contact page of the website.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access Personal Information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you.